Even though I didn’t go to MySQL conf this year (really sad about this), this week is gonna be most active in the community so I decided to do some community stuff too Today I’ve released version 0.3 of our innodb recovery toolkit. Now it became much faster, stable and accurate. At this moment it is possible to recover almost any table from corrupted/deleted tablespace without so much effort as it was before. Here is a short changes list (since 0.1 announced here):
- More MySQL data types added: DECIMAL (both old and new), DATE, TIME
- CHAR data type handling improved in table definitions generator
- Indexes filtering added to page_parser
- 64-bit stat() support added to all tools
- Linux has no isnumber() function so we define our own implementation (pretty simple)
- Lots of fixes in create_defs.pl script – now it generates definitions which could recover your data in 80% cases w/o any changes.
- Min/max record size calculation fixed in constraints-based parser.
- Nullable fixed-size columns support is fixed.
- Debug logging is much cleaner now.