It’s been a long time since we’ve started this project and it is time to make a checkpoint. So, I’ve decided to release final 1.0 version and make 1.X branch stable while all serious development with deep architectural changes will be done 2.X branch (trunk at this moment).
Changes from previous release:
- Perl semaphores implementation caused huge memory leaks (mmmd_mod).
- Now we do not send any commands to hard offline hosts with dead TCP/IP stack to prevent mointoring problems for other hosts.
- Removed legacy StartSlave method from agent code which caused problems on some Perl versions
- Added a few fixes to prevent non-exclusive roles from moving. This caused internal status structures to be corrupted.
- Made all mysql checks properly report errors occurring (previously they were resulting in an OK response). Thanks to Phillip Pearson.
- Some memory leaks found in mysql checkers and as a quick fix we’ve added an idea of “Maximum Checks Before Restart” to all checkers. If you want some checker to restart after N checks, simply add “restart after N” to your checker declaration.
- Added some more docs to the project site.